。
她很快便想好了要演讲的内容,也很快站在了比赛的大讲台上。
“Mirrors and history can both cause 039;reflections039;,
镜子和历史都能反映现实,
but with different meanings.
但两者的含义不同。
From a mirror, I see myself.
在镜子里,我看见自己;
From history, we know ourselves.
在历史中,我们认清自己。
History, as a mirror, gives answers to three questions:
历史,如一面镜子,回答了以下三个问题——
Who we are? Where we are? And What to do?
我们是谁?我们在哪儿?以及,我们要做什么?
The answers to these questions constitute the source of our confidence.
这三个问题的答案构建起我们民族自信的来源。
……
What history, as a mirror,
历史,如一面镜子,
tells us is that we can only gain confidence by knowing who we are, where we are, and what to do.
提醒我们自信来源于“我们是谁”
“我们在哪儿”
以及“我们要做什么”
这三个问题的回答。
Our ancestors told us 039;who we are039;
我们的先人他们回答了“我们是谁”
的问题
by building a civilizedmunity throughout the long course of history.
通过在历史长河中建构起了一个文明共同体;
Our predecessors told us 039;where we are039;
我们的前辈他们回答了“我们在哪儿”
的问题
by exploring the world in a new situation.
通过在新的国际格局中探索出了一条现代化道路;
Each generation must answer by themselves and for themselves 039;what to do039;.
本章未完,请点击下一章继续阅读!若浏览器显示没有新章节了,请尝试点击右上角↗️或右下角↘️的菜单,退出阅读模式即可,谢谢!